08 June 2010

Seeking Refuge

Emma, Abby & I enjoyed a rousing game of Dora CandyLand after lunch today. The Dora pawn is always the "hot" item. So a sibling tiff over her begins nearly every game. We finally concluded that Emma would start the game off being Dora and future Dora-possessors would be determined by whoever wins the round. Emma won the first round and so chose herself to retain possession of The Dora. Round #2 did not go as Emma had planned. While she shot out of the gate with a blur her luck changed with the drawing of the infamous Gingerbread Man card....to the back of the line she went, grudgingly I might add. Abby and I proceeded to reach La Fiesta first and so send Emma to LoserLand. She was NOT pleased. So what's the girl to do? Lash out in anger? Chalk the loss up to experience and start Round #3 with an increased fervor to win?

No...she decided to go upstairs to her room. I let her go, thinking she just needed to move onto something else. After about 10 minutes I told Shawn to go check on her......this is what he found:


Guess she had enough of LoserLand and sought refuge under the covers with her precious Bear Blankey. She even changed into her pajamas before crawling in bed! I let her sleep for a couple hours and was delighted to find her in a wonderful mood when I coaxed her awake. She didn't mention the events that led to her self-prescribed nap time so I wasn't about to either!! Oh how I love you and your silly side Emma Faith!!

7 comments:

Leah Robinson said...

BAHAHA, poor Emma! I think she handled it way better than AJ! She doesn't like to visit loserland either! LOL

Chelsa said...

aww, what a sweetie!

Ashley said...

I think taking a nap is MUCH better than being in loserland! haha. I guess she had to sleep the steam off;)

Shannon said...

Emma Faith... what a beautiful name! What is Abby's middle? cute story...i always appreciate a girl who knows when she needs to nap :)

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

Love this story! Too cute!

Tera said...

Too cute and I love the way you told it! :)

Jill said...

It's about time you update your blog!