27 July 2009

What's goin' on...

Can't believe July is nearly over. We've had an eventful month! Here are just a few of things we've had going on-

Shawn & I taught 6th grade at VBS this year. We had a blast! I hope our students did too. I was pleasantly surprised at how willing they were to share and answer questions. They also asked very good questions and were very respectful and polite.

The Boys in opening assembly:
The girls being "cheesy":

Abby and her Kindergarten friends:

Emma & her good buddy Brynna playing "Puppy" in the nursery. I believe the puppies were laying down for a rest!
Some of our awesome classroom decorations:

A wall mural for the classroom. Many thanks to the professional artist who sketch the design for me!

Shawn took a trip to visit the Eaton's out in Massachusetts. We didn't think he should be the only one having fun so the kids and I went to Mammaw & Pappaw's for a sleepover. Abby considers a trip to Mammaw Shirley's a personal spa visit.
Here are some pics of her fresh polish:


Then this past weekend we headed to Kalona, Iowa for church conference. It was my first trip to Iowa...I found it to be very scenic. Many rolling hills and yes, plenty o' cornfield!! We were delighted to travel with the Raber's. Here's a shot of the girlies at the rest area:

3 comments:

Tonya said...

You have had a very busy schedule! Love the decor in the bible school room.

Chelsa said...

glad to hear an update from you! sounds like ya'll have been busy!

Tera said...

Ha! Far from professional, but it works for the kids! :) And give yourself credit for the clouds!! You've had a busy month...and it won't be long until your new job starts! :)