05 August 2009

Public Notice

To those people traveling Highway 50 west of Montgomery on Wednesday afternoon...my deepest apologies for the scene I made in the Farmer's Storage parking lot directly off of McCracken Curve (speaking of, why is it called that?). Interested in hearing the story? Here it is...

I left work that day and stopped at the end of the church lane to change the church sign for the week. Next I trotted across the road to get the mail. Then back in the van and headed east to go fetch the children. I got about a mile down the road when I felt something crawling around on my lower leg. Reached down to scratch my leg when the other leg started itching. Glanced down to check out the situation and was alarmed to find tiny black ants crawling all over my tennis shoes, socks, pants and legs!! Must've been standing on an ant hill when changing the sign. I kicked my shoes off ASAP and tried to keep my focus on the roadway along with trying to get the little boogers off of me!! Managed to literally skid into the Farmer's Storage parking lot. Jumped out of the van and proceeded to dance like there were ants in my pants, oh wait, there WERE ants in my pants! I looked like a half-crazed barefooted freak dancing a jig for all of Highway 50 to see. I didn't care. The little ants were biting and crawling. I jerked my socks off and was ready to take my pants off....praise the Lord, that was not required!! I finally got myself composed and continued on my journey. My MIL had some ant spray that killed the remaining ants crawling around the van floor.

Keep an eye out....you just never know what you'll see when driving down the highway!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you scared me, Megan was stuck in traffic today in montgomery for 25 min. and said there was an accident on mccrackins curve, I thought you were going to say you were involved.. Haha, I would much rather you have been the one dancing on the side of the road..:)

Christy said...

Holy Cow! I would have LOVED to seen that!!

Shannon said...

Poor G! Funny story and glad you were able to keep the van between the lines!!

Tonya said...

I am laughing so hard!!!

Leah Robinson said...

ok, I think I just peed my pants laughing so hard hahaha!! Man I think I saw you getting the mail that day...if only I had left work a few minutes later LOL

Ashley said...

I wish I would have seen you...I am picturing this right now. haha. Priceless!! I think I would have done the same thing.

Lauren said...

This is a That Girl moment for sure, Greta!

Tera said...

TOOO funny!!

Guatmama said...

Yep, I saw it, I knew it was you and didn't think anything of it tee hee hee

Keyly Watts said...

You are a great storyteller Greta. We never know where the next adventure will come from!