09 March 2009

Here it goes...

Welcome to GretaTalks! It's hard to imagine how many times people have asked why I don't just start a blog...well here it is. Not sure what this blog will turn in to but for now it'll be a place for me to share about my wonderful family of five and all the quirky things that go on in the Otto House!!

The inaugural event I'll talk about involves our Little Miss E. She's a vibrant 2.5 year old that talks non-stop. Her vocabulary is ever increasing and never ceases to amaze her mother. Friday she came up to me with her fingers twisted up in a shape of some sort. She proudly exclaims, "I can make a square with my fingers!". I quickly reply, "Good job honey!" but upon further inspection she had in fact made a square out of those tiny digits. Amazing! Then she proceeds to say, "I can't make a trapezoid with my fingers." [Confused look on Mommy's face.] Sidenote: Contrary to popular belief I do not walk around the house conversing about Math & Chemistry with my kiddos...except on Science Saturdays of course!! JK! Anyhow, I've never spoken about trapezoids with her and was wondering where she heard about them and squares for that matter....turns out Grandma O has a Blues Clues video that discusses shapes that she begs to watch when she visits Mamaw. Way to go E! Math-lovin' Mommy is SO proud!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

You have made my day! Love ya!

Chasity said...

Welcome to blogging Greta!! Love the story - kids just say the darndest things!

Darrin & Emily Campbell said...

Yippeee...so glad you've finally made it. :o) Now just where does Little Miss E get her intelligence? Perhaps her big aunt E??? Just a thought...

Tera said...

Finally, you've made it to the blogging world! Yeah! That Little E, she is too smart for her own good! :)

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

HA! I know how you math/chemistry people are...:) She is a "GENIUS" just like her big sis! Love it!